2020 Dates: June 24- Aug. 10; Mondays and Wednesdays, 6-7:30 p.m.
Meeting Location: Matanuska Lakes State Recreation Area. Sessions will progress to the the Government Peak Recreation Area in Hatcher Pass later in the season.
Fee: $100 for first Kid; $25 each additional kid. (Includes Family Membership in VMBAH and SprocKidz fee)
Program capacity: Number limited to the first 125 to sign up.
Coaches: We need coaches! No coaching experience needed. We will train. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
SprocKidz meets on Monday & Wednesday evenings from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Matanuska Lakes State Recreation Area and will progress to the Government Peak Recreation Area later in the season. Please drop your kids off 10-15 minutes prior to start time so they can meet with their group for a timely departure.
Other special ride days, trails maintenance days and the end of season party will be announced.
A SAMPLING OF WHAT WE'LL COVER IN THE PROGRAM:
· Balance and bike handling
· Proper gear shifting
· Descending technique (just say no to "endos" by “going moto”)
· Ascending technique (being the “grasshopper”)
· Cornering technique (leading with your head and shoulders)
· Front wheel lift
· Back wheel lift
· The Bunny Hop
· The Track Stand
· On-trail bike maintenance
· Food and hydration principles
· Single track practice
· Trail etiquette for mountain biking and encountering other trail users
SprocKidz is a volunteer program and your family's participation is greatly appreciated. You will be able to select a volunteer opportunity via a family survey.